over 1 year ago
Hello Redis Hackers,
Here is the moment you have been waiting for ... the finalists for the Redis 'Beyond Cache' Hackathon.
For Grand Prize winneer, 1st Runner-up, 2nd Runner-up and 3rd Runner-up, the finalists are (in no particular order):
- intelliSchool - A web application and browser plugin that generates quizzes, notes, and flash cards automatically for use in educational videos. In addition to natural language processing and machine learning, the app uses RedisGears, Redis
- FaceMark - A real-time video solution that can take student attendance in a classroom using contactless face recognition, so everyone doesn’t have to handle the same sign-in sheet. Uses RedisAI, RedisGears, RedisTimeSeries, and Tensorflow
- Redisafe - An AI Tool for PPE safety checks during COVID-19 - An AI-based tool that detects PPE on medical staff for safety protocol to prevent the spread of virus. Uses RedisAI, Redis Streams, TensorFlow, and Express.js.
- Voluntree - Connect your nonprofit with volunteers from social media platforms. Uses task queues, Redis Streams, RedisGears, and RedisAI.
The finalists for the People's Choice Award are (1 winner will be chosen):
- Redisafe - An AI Tool for PPE safety checks during COVID-19 - see above
- intelliSchool - see above
- FaceMark - see above
- SpecKart - Blockchain Ecommerce Platform - A blockchain-based decentralized ecommerce platform. Uses RediSearch, Redis Pub/Sub, Redis as a cache, Socket.io, and Ethereum.
I will follow-up with each of you shortly, but the most important thing to do is .... keep working to improve your application! You will need to re-submit it by midnight (Pacific time) on Sunday, June 7th. You will not be submitting through DevPost. Instead you will provide the details on a Google Doc that I will send to each of you.
I want to shout out to all of you who used new Redis Modues AND Redis event-features. Your apps were inspiring and we hope you will continue to learn more.
I also want to say thank you to all of the teams that participated in this event. It was a first time for some of you and you did so well!
Don't forget that Redis University is free, and open for enrollment. So, you can finally learn how to use HyperLogLog = )
Redis Cloud Essentials
Also, Redis Cloud Essentials is also free up to 30 MB
If you have any questions about the hackathon, please let me know. I'm sorry everyone couldn't win because there were so many interesting and innovative projects.
If you have any questions about Redis, please ask them in https://forum.redislabs.com